Friday, June 12, 2009

The best laid plans...

Well I had plans to be extremely productive this afternoon. Which promptly went out the window as soon as Dad and Robby asked if I wanted to go hit a bucket of balls at the driving range. Of course! So I had a fun afternoon with the guys. Before I left, I had a great big salad for lunch.


Sauteed kale (in a bit of EVOO) with celery, carrots cherry tomatoes, and cannellini. I had been envisioning garbanzo beans with kale, tomatoes, and TONS of cucumber. But we were out of garbanzo's and I have a sneaking suspicion that Dad threw out the rest of the cuke on one of his fridge-purges. (My mum keeps every last bit in a tupperware and Dad periodically has to just get all the junk out!)

It wasn't the best salad ever, but the last minute addition of some dried cranberry added a fun sweet element that was surprisingly delicious! Kale and cranberries... might have to explore this!

On the side were some yummy raspberries in Mum's pretty bowl.


After the driving range, I needed a little afternoon pick-me-up. Whole wheat bread with almond butter and sprinkled with some dried coconut and raisins was the PERFECT afternoon snack! Yummers.

Pictures of food are actually quite difficult! I'll have to work on some artsy camera angles :-)

Well, heading out to the beach and dinner! Later gators...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy! The salad looks delicious! I've never had kale, but I just love spinach and beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land! I'm so excited to keep reading and get some great recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete